Frequently asked questions
Can you design just a logo for me?
Before we answer that, consider this: If you want to make a huge impact on the growth of your business, you need more than just a pretty logo. You need a brand with strategy and intention behind it. We want your business to be successful in seeing a real return on your investment, so I strongly suggest that all website clients must go through the branding process with me as well to ensure everything is cohesive and well thought-out across the board.
When can we start?
If you are ready to begin your branding journey and elevate your business to the next level, simply send me a contact form through my website. I will be in touch with you within 48 hours and we’ll get started on your journey to your dream branding! The start date of your project will be based on my current wait list. Typically, I am booked out 1 month in advance, but sometimes we have project spots that may begin sooner than that.
How can I pay? Do I have to pay all at once?
Payment can be sent via Bank Transfer / E-transfer for my Canadian clients or Paypal for my international clients. Investment can be split into two equal payments. 50% non-refundable retainer is required to book into my calendar, and the remaining 50% is required at the end of the project before the final design files are sent.
What do I need to do before we start?
I believe the branding and web design service process is a collaboration between client and designer. So before starting designs, I need you to do a bit of homework first! I will ask you to complete my Brand Discovery Questionnaire, this includes sending me some pieces of design inspiration. This questionnaire needs to be filled out in as much detail as possible, one word answers don’t give me a lot to work with! Lastly, all your content (both text and images) needs to be sent one week before your start date.
What is your process?
01. DISCOVER Successful design is rooted in strategy, which means that we don’t just make something pretty for the hell of it. We’ll dive deep and really get to know your brand so that we can develop an authentic identity from the ground up.
02. STRATEGIZE You’ll receive an in-depth brand strategy that outlines your brand’s ethos, audience, competition and overall goals. A visual moodboard is also included so that we have both a verbal and visualize checkpoint before moving forward.
03. DESIGN Using everything we've gathered so far, we'll begin developing concepts. We take a one concept approach when it comes to design, playing with a variety of directions up front and narrowing down as we go in order to deliver a strong and succinct solution for your brand.
04. REFINE Through two rounds of refinement, we’ll discuss what's working as well as any potential opportunities to grow. Our job is to make sure that what we’re creating is resonate for both you an your brand, so honest communication is key.
05. EXPAND Branding always comes with one complimentary collateral item from the following list: packaging design, thank you cards, loyalty cards, business cards, notecard, letterhead, hang tag, tote bag, up to four custom icons, or up to two social media templates. And then if you need any other design elements (like print, packaging, and / or web design), we’ll design those at this time as well.
06. FINALIZE Once everything is finalized and approved, you’ll receive all of the files and tools needed to successfully launch your brand into the world.
You can read more about our Branding Process
here. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to email@example.com
How will I receive my design project once it is completed?
Upon the receipt of final payment, I will send you a link to download your designs via Google Drive. If it’s a website, I’ll transfer the design over to you. And I also keep a copy of your project in case you lose yours.
Why should I choose Designed By Betty?
I'm passionate about what I do and care deeply about the success of your business. I plan to work with you as a true partner. Together, we will create not beautiful visual through intentional design and strategize to connect with your ideal client authentically to elevate your business.
Do I need to pick one of your packages or can I request a custom quote?
We can certainly tweak the packages to meet your specific needs. Simply get in touch and let me know what you are looking for - I'll gladly send you a custom quote!
What website platforms do you use?
My goal is that my clients feel comfortable making updates down the road as needed, which is why I work most frequently with very user-friendly platforms such as Shopify, Squarespace, Showit and Wix. I'll be happy to recommend the best fit for your business.
Do I need to have any particular software to access my design files?
All documents will sent via email using Asana and any final design files and assets will be provided uploaded to your Google Drive folder, so access to the internet is required. You will have 30 days after your final files are delivered to download these files and keep them stored in a safe place. You need a pdf viewer to open documents.
We will also use Google meet or Zoom for consultation sessions, so make sure you charge your laptop, tablet, or phone and get yourself settled with a nice cup of tea or coffee!
What's included in your brand strategy + Design Package?
Brand Strategy // There are two parts to the brand strategy process. The first is a live strategy session where I'll guide you through a series of exercises to help you identify your target audience and how to be the solution to their problem.
Secondly, I'll put together your "Brand Strategy" - a complete, in-depth PDF guide outlining your brand values, mission statement, brand positioning, brand story and creative direction.
Custom Logo Design // A custom logo design, presented in 2-3 formats so you have a logo design for every space & occasion.
Color + Font Palettes // Custom color + font palettes, including all RGB + CMKY color codes and font files.
Pattern Design // A custom pattern design to reinforce the branded experience we want your audience to have when engaging with your business.
Brand Style Guide // An in-depth guide to your signature brand logos, colors, fonts and additional design elements and how to use them in your business.
Brand Collateral // You will have the option to add brand collateral pieces to your package. Some collateral examples would be packaging design, business cards, an email newsletter template, etc.
Why is important to invest in your branding?
Your industry is competitive. But your ideas are unique & your differences will be what set you apart. Working together will allow you to discover those differences, attract the right customer and build a branded experience that stands out.
What is included in your website design package?
Brand Strategy // A complete, in-depth guide outlining your brand values, mission statement, brand positioning, brand story and creative direction.
Brand Identity Design // Custom logo design, custom font + color palettes, custom pattern design or other custom design elements.
Website Design // Depending on your budget and goals, we'll restyle one of our website templates or design a completely custom website layout.
Website Development // Customized website to be built + developed on the WordPress, Showit or Spotify website platforms. The website will be formatted to look great on both desktop and mobile screens.
Website Training // Professional, live training on how to use and update your new site. Everything on the site will be customizable so you can easily make changes & updates as your business evolves.